Basil is an amazing herb that spices up our favorite Italian foods (Check out the recipe below!) but the benefits of basil go so much further than its culinary uses. Yes, basil (ocimum basilicum) oil smells like Italian food and if you use it topically or use it in your cleaners, so will you. (We can certainly smell like worse things thought right?)
It is mostly used for respiratory, muscular, and joint support, but what makes the oil so much more powerful than the leaves is simply the potency. The compounds found in the oil of the steam distilled leaves, stems, and flowers are much greater than what we find in dried or even fresh leaves.
And yes, it's very easy to use for flavoring things like hummus or spaghetti sauce as long as your using doTerra, which is safe for internal use. Just make sure to follow the spoon or toothpick trick to avoid over-dripping into your recipe! Not only is the flavor more profound but the cost far less as compared to organic dried herbs.
Events this week - January 23rd - 29th:
Friday, January 27th 7-8pm - "Healthy Can Be Simple"
Web based via Zoom.us - https://zoom.us/j/83227
For more information: https://www.facebook.com/events/366582467026973/
Saturday, January 28th 11am-12:30pm - "Essential Oils & Reflexology of the Feet"
Ever'man Co-operative 315 W Garden St Pensacola
For more information: https://www.facebook.com/events/231380257299693/
Saturday, January 28th 6:30-8pm - "AromaTouch Technique & Symphony of the Cells"
Navarre Living Yoga 8162 Navarre Pkwy Navarre
For more information: https://www.facebook.com/events/1281759838554488/
• Soothes sore muscles and joints
• Assists with clear breathing
• Acts as a cooling agent for the skin
• Promotes mental alertness and lessens anxiety
Emotionally and spiritually, basil essential oil is helpful in dealing with feelings of anxiety, fear, or nervousness, and has been said to be the oil of "renewal". It is strengthening and calming to the heart and mind, making it perfect for overwhelm, stress, fatigue, and may even assisting a person in their efforts to overcome addiction.
• Diffuse to sharpen focus while studying or reading.
• Apply to minor skin irritations. For sensitive skin, dilute with fractionated coconut oil.
• Apply to fatigued or sore muscles and joints or to assist with breastmilk production.
• Diffuse or apply topically to promote clear breathing.
Directions For Use:
▪ Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
▪ Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
▪ Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area.
▪ Dilute with fractionated coconut oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
Anti-pasta “bean” pasta Salad with Lemon-Basil Vinigarette
1 16 oz package of red lentil rotini 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
8 oz fresh mozzarella, cubed 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, diced
1 cucumber, seeded, cubed ½ red onion, chopped
1 package Applegate salami, chopped ½ cup fresh basil, shredded
¾ cup organic olive oil ½ cup apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp chopped garlic ½ cup raw honey
1 tsp Himalayan pink salt 1 drop Basil essential oil
1 drop Lemon essential oil 1 tsp organic black pepper 1 avocado, pitted
Cook noodles as directed and allow to cool. Transfer to large glass or stainless bowl. Add remaining salad ingredients and gently mix. Combine dressing ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth. Add to salad and mix gently again. Serve.
Stay tuned next week to see which essential oil will be next.......
Additional Educational Opportunities:
Regardless of whether you are an avid essential oil user or whether you are just beginning, the below resources will be great to take your essential oil use to the next level. Please be sure to share these opportunities with all along this same journey and as always, anyone is welcome to our web based events so please invite anyone you deem to be interested.
- DoTerra for Beginners webinar - This is a combination of three webinars geared towards introducing doTerra products, essential oils, and their versatility (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZKdLAejDec) . Additionally, we will be presenting our Introduction to Essential Oils event online, January 17th 11am @ https://zoom.us/j/520722353. This is an open invite event! Another opportunity for those preferring local events, we will be repeating this event but with a twist - Essential Oil BINGO with exciting prizes - January 20th 7pm at Navarre Living Yoga (https://www.facebook.com/events/576889102511673/). Please come join us for an exciting evening with tons of prizes!
- Weight Management videos - DoTerra is making available a new series of videos via the Daily Drop app. For more information: https://doterra.com/US/en/university/living/daily-drop . In addition we are offering a Detoxification & Body Wrap event, January 14th 6:30pm at Navarre Living Yoga. Come join us in shedding a few holiday inches! (https://www.facebook.com/events/1834358770121151/)
- Numerous other educational opportunities can be found via our events page: https://www.facebook.com/pg/PereiraProduce/events/?ref=page_internal
Ready to Start your Journey with doTerra?
New Membership Promotion - 1/15/17-2/28/17 - New Year New You Promotion -
Have you checked out the New Year New You promotion that will allow you to start your membership with ANY kit or 100PV order and receive 100 PV FREE after 100 PV LRP order the next month? This promotion is good through ALL of January and February!
When your ready to get started, please click on "Join & Save" of our doTerra specific website www.mydoterra.com/pereiraproduceandhealth . Choose the option for "Wholesale Customer" to save 25% on all your doTerra purchases for a full year with NO minimums or purchase requirements (similar to a Sam's Club online). Complete your personal information (your SSN is NOT required) and continue. Choose your kit to save the usual $35 enrollment fee and add on any other oils or products you would like to try and continue. For more information on enrollment kits: https://doterra.com/US/en/pl/enrollment-kits
Complete your payment information and your all set! You'll receive a welcome email from us with all the information you'll need to make the most of your membership benefits and we will personally walk you through your ordering system to keep life simple.
Please let us know if we can support you in any way possible - whether it be a one-on-one health consultation to address your health concerns or coaching you through the steps to leading a holistic lifestyle. We are here 24/7 to help you so we can change the community one drop, one person, one family at a time!
Sign up below to get our two month essential oils course for free, aromatherapy e-books and stay up to date on all our upcoming events!
What's all the hype about essential oils? After over eleven years experience using these gifts of the earth to help support and heal friends and family, we are most definitely learning what all the fuss is about! Interested? Check out our front page for our next upcoming class featuring essential oils or contact us for more information via the contact link at: Find Essential Health