Did you know it requires about 3,000 lemons to make one kilo of lemon essential oil (Citrus limon)? Or that lemon has been used throughout history to protect against immune threats? The aroma of the oil is citrusy, sharp, and slightly sweet - kind of like a lemon. (Surprise!)
Lemon oil works primarily with the digestive, immune, and respiratory systems, promoting healthy function in the body. Aromatically, it's invigorating in a wake-you-up sort of way. It's also one of the most popular essential oils and has an unimaginable amount of uses.
You can fill a bowl with water, a cup of white vinegar, and several drops of lemon oil to clean your produce. Neither the lemon nor the vinegar will hang out long after the produce dries, so nothing will taste off balanced. However, this will help clean away any impurities from your fruits and veggies. You can let it soak for a few minutes if you want, or throw it all in there, do a quick scrub, and you're done. Quick and easy.(Research actually shows a quick wash removes about 98% of pesticide residues and contaminants).
• Cleanses and purifies the air and surfaces
• Naturally cleanses the body and aids in digestion
• Supports healthy respiratory function
• Promotes a positive mood and cognitive ability
Emotionally and spiritually, lemon essential oil promotes focus and clarity. It's uplifting effects awaken the senses, clear the mind of distractions, and help a person tune in to the task at hand. It helps a person to overcome confusion or doubt, fatigue, overwhelm, and lack of enthusiasm, as well as helps to clear self-doubt, limiting beliefs, stagnant energy, and rigidness in the mind, heart, or body. It's great for bad moods, "blah" moods, or lethargy.
• Diffuse and take internally to assist with seasonal respiratory discomfort.
• Add Lemon oil to a spray bottle of water to clean and disinfect tables, counter tops, and other surfaces. Lemon oil also makes a great furniture polish; simply add a few drops to olive oil to clean, protect, and shine wood finishes.
• Use a cloth soaked in Lemon oil to preserve and protect your leather furniture and other leather surfaces or garments.
• Lemon oil is a great remedy for the early stages of tarnish on silver and other metals.
Directions For Use:
▪Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
▪Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
▪Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area.
▪Dilute with fractionated coconut oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
PRECAUTIONS: Avoid contact with direct sunlight for 12+ hours after use. Always test for skin sensitivity prior to widespread use and use on the feet when possible. Excessive use of any oil can lead to skin sensitization. Keep out of eyes, ears, or nose.
Stay tuned next week to see which essential oil will be next.......
Additional Educational Opportunities:
Regardless of whether you are an avid essential oil user or whether you are just beginning, the below resources will be great to take your essential oil use to the next level. Please be sure to share these opportunities with all along this same journey and as always, anyone is welcome to our web based events so please invite anyone you deem to be interested.
- DoTerra for Beginners webinar - This is a combination of three webinars geared towards introducing doTerra products, essential oils, and their versatility (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZKdLAejDec) . Additionally, we will be presenting our Introduction to Essential Oils event online, January 17th 11am @ https://zoom.us/j/520722353. This is an open invite event! Another opportunity for those preferring local events, we will be repeating this event but with a twist - Essential Oil BINGO with exciting prizes - January 20th 7pm at Navarre Living Yoga (https://www.facebook.com/events/576889102511673/). Please come join us for an exciting evening with tons of prizes!
- Weight Management videos - DoTerra is making available a new series of videos via the Daily Drop app. For more information: https://doterra.com/US/en/university/living/daily-drop . In addition we are offering a Detoxification & Body Wrap event, January 14th 6:30pm at Navarre Living Yoga. Come join us in shedding a few holiday inches! (https://www.facebook.com/events/1834358770121151/)
- Last but not least, doTerra is continuing their "Empowered Life" series with additional webinars available January 18th - 19th on Fitness & Weight Management. You can register for these events: https://app.webinarjam.net/register/34321/df68b600ae
- Numerous other educational opportunities can be found via our events page: https://www.facebook.com/pg/PereiraProduce/events/?ref=page_internal
Ready to Start your Journey with doTerra?
New Membership Promotion - 1/1/17-2/28/17 - New Year New You Promotion -
Have you checked out the New Year New You promotion that will allow you to start your membership with ANY kit or 100PV order and receive 100 PV FREE after 100 PV LRP order the next month? This promotion is good through ALL of January and February!
When your ready to get started, please click on "Join & Save" of our doTerra specific website www.mydoterra.com/pereiraproduceandhealth . Choose the option for "Wholesale Customer" to save 25% on all your doTerra purchases for a full year with NO minimums or purchase requirements (similar to a Sam's Club online). Complete your personal information (your SSN is NOT required) and continue. Choose your kit to save the usual $35 enrollment fee and add on any other oils or products you would like to try and continue. For more information on enrollment kits: https://doterra.com/US/en/pl/enrollment-kits
Complete your payment information and your all set! You'll receive a welcome email from us with all the information you'll need to make the most of your membership benefits and we will personally walk you through your ordering system to keep life simple.
Please let us know if we can support you in any way possible - whether it be a one-on-one health consultation to address your health concerns or coaching you through the steps to leading a holistic lifestyle. We are here 24/7 to help you so we can change the community one drop, one person, one family at a time!
Sign up below to get our two month essential oils course for free, aromatherapy e-books and stay up to date on all our upcoming events!
What's all the hype about essential oils? After over eleven years experience using these gifts of the earth to help support and heal friends and family, we are most definitely learning what all the fuss is about! Interested? Check out our front page for our next upcoming class featuring essential oils or contact us for more information via the contact link at: Find Essential Health