Basic Recipe for Home-Made Cough Drops
1/2 cup local raw honey
1/2 cup organic raw coconut oil
20 drops chosen blend of essential oils (doTerra ONLY)
1. Scoop coconut oil into a mixing bowl and beat with a hand or stand mixer until whipped.
2. Add honey and continue to whip until the honey and oil are mixed.
3. Add essential oils of choice. We recommend On Guard for immune support, Lemon for detoxification, and Peppermint to assist in supporting the respiratory system and airways.
4. Pour mixture into small ice cube trays or candy molds.
5. Freeze until they are hard; approximately twenty minutes.
6. Pop cough drops out of molds and cover in Vitamin C powder for additional protection.
7. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Enjoy! Essential oils can support the immune system with immense potency. Be sure to check out our numerous classes on essential oils and nutrition on our home page or find us on Facebook.
Sign up below to get our two month essential oils course for free, aromatherapy e-books and stay up to date on all our upcoming events!
Ready to Start?
After three years of struggling with my health and weight, with absolutely no help from the doctors, we knew there had to be a different option available to heal myself! After much research, it was obvious that nutrition, body care products, cleaners, and other avenues of chemicals getting into my body had to be the root cause of my many ailments. After incorporating a more plant based eating plan tailored to my specific sensitivities, changing my body care and cleaning products, and becoming a massive ingredient checker, within three months ALL of my symptoms plus 60lbs of unwanted weight simply disappeared. Inflammation was the root for all of it. May the posts of this blog help to lead you as you embark on this new journey to health. Please feel free to ask us any questions you may have along the way!